Chicken baby recipes : Chicken forms a very important part of a baby's balanced diet as it is a very good
source of protein. Chicken easily purees to a nice consistency and babies seem to take to it much quicker than
they do with red meats and because of that, it makes an excellent first meat for babies.
Easy chicken baby recipes
Chicken baby recipes - Basic chicken puree
- Boil or steam 200g of boneless chicken until cooked through completely reserving any cooking liquid.
- Puree chicken and add a bit of the cooking liquid or cooled boiled water if you want a lighter consistency.
- You can combine chicken puree with one of the following cooked and pureed ingredients...
Chicken baby food recipes - Chicken and carrot puree (from 7 months)
- 150g Carrots or 1 large Carrot, Washed, peeled and diced
- 200g Potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 200g Boneless ckicken filet cut into pieces
- 300 ml Water or homemade chicken stock for cooking
Bring the water to the boil in a medium sized saucepan, add the carrots, potatoes and the chicken pieces. Cover
and cook on medium heat until the carrots are soft and the chicken has cooked through completely. Puree
everything to a smooth consistency adding a bit of boiled water or breast milk if you think the puree is to thick.
Chicken baby food recipes - Butternut 'n' Chicken (from 7 months)
1 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
200g crushed tomatoes
270g boneless chicken cut into bite size pieces
100g greenbeans topped and tailed and then chopped into pea size pieces
One half of medium sized butternut peeled and chopped into cubes
100g water or homemade chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional from 8 months)
- In a saucepan, saute the onion in the oil until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the chicken pieces, greenbeans, butternut, crushed tomatoes, the stock and oregano to the onion, cover
and let stew on medium heat stirring occusionally. Cook for about 30 minutes or until butternut is soft and the
chicken has cooked through completely.
- Puree to your desired consistency adding a bit of boiled water if you think its too thick for your baby.
- For babies older than 8 months, try not to puree the food completely, instead zap it in a food proccesor to a
coarse texture or mash with the back of a fork.
Chicken 'n' two root vegetable pot (from 8 months)
- 150g Carrots or 1 large Carrot, washed, peeled and diced
- 100g Parsnips washed, peeled and chopped
- 30g Onion chopped finely
- 2 Medium sized ripe tomatoes, seeded, skinned and chopped
- 200ml Homemade chicken stock or water for cooking
- 1 1/2 tbs vegetable oil
- 220g Boneless chicken cut into bite size pieces
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and cook on low to medium heat until all the vegetables
are soft and chicken is cooked through completely.
- Add a bit more stock if needed. Puree or mash with back of a
fork according to baby's age.
Fruity African Chicken Curry (from 12 months)
This fruity curry is great for the whole family. It really has a unique exotic sweet fruity taste. My whole family loves
Preheat oven to 225 degress celcius
- 2 Ripe Bananas Diced
- 1 Ripe medium sized Mango washed, peeled, pitted and chopped into small cubes
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons very mild curry powder
- 350g boneless chicken cut into bite size pieces
- Combine all ingredients except the coconut milk and the curry powder in an oven proof dish.
- Add the curry powder to the coconut milk and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour the curry mixer over the chicken and bake for about 45 minute or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Chop babys food up into small pieces and serve with brown or white rice.
Chicken baby food recipes- Ingredients used
- Butternut Squash
- Coconut Milk
Chicken baby food recipes - Ingredients that can be used to make tasty chicken meals combinations
- Sweet Potatoes
Can babies eat spices?
Baby Finger Food Ideas
Herbs Pork And Beef Baby Food Recipes
Back from Chicken Baby Recipes To Baby Vegetable Recipes